Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

In the news: Cardinal Sean wings Cheney!


My Dad gave me this one: In a remark that I am sure had absolutely no political import, Boston's newly-elevated Cardinal Sean Patrick O'Malley cracked wise about his new red robes. Here's how AP's Daniela Petroff described it:
For Boston Archbishop Sean O'Malley, whose usual attire is the simple brown robe and sandals of his Capuchin Franciscan order, the ornate red of his new cardinal outfit seems slightly out of place. But he joked this week it might come in handy outside the church, too.

"I could always wear it if I was called on a hunting expedition with the vice president," he said, referring to Vice President Dick Cheney's now-infamous hunting accident. "It's very red."


The only question is whether this will be considered funny by the notoriously snaggle-pussed Cheney.
__________________________________
photo from The Archdiocese of Boston website: http://rcab.org/

No comments: