Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

You've come a long way, Mary M

"O Mary, can you say what you saw at break of day?"

Mary Magdelene, libelled as a reformed prostitute, the first to experience the Risen Jesus, has some new little sisters, The Reformed Whores. Here's a bit about them, taken from their website:


The musical comedy duo Reformed Whores, fronted by Marie Cecile Anderson and Katy Frame, have been lassoing hearts throughout the New York City comedy scene. These southern belles sing about everything from venereal diseases to drunk dialing with sweet harmonies and old-timey flair.

The girls have a hilarious new tune, parodying Rush Limbaugh's recent jeremiad against that sex-crazed, entitlement slut, Sandra Fluke:
There was a word when we were kids that wasn't very nice
It was reserved for certain girls who'd been 'round the block once or twice
But listen, y’all, we’ve got news that will blow your mind,
Thanks to Mister Limbaugh, that word’s been redefined…

I'm a slut! I'm a slut! I'm a slut, slut, slut!
I'm an S-L-U-T, S-L-U-T, slut!
I went to school, I speak my mind
I'm responsible for my behind
I'm a slut! I'm a slut! I'm a slut!

Bravo, ladies! The song, which celebrates good-sense family planning, can be see in it's entirety here:

No comments: